Need to prepare your hair for winter?
Here are some tips to start now before Jack Frost takes up permanent residence for the season!
- Choose a new shampoo. What you’ve been using all summer is not going to work on dry winter hair. Chose a quality product that will repair and protect your locks.
- Wash your hair less. Shampooing washes out the bad stuff — it also washes out the good stuff, like the protective oils that your hair needs in order to keep its strength and shine.
- Dry your hair carefully. Rubbing your head with a towel will damage the hair shaft by roughing up the outer layer, making your hair look dull and dry.
- Make sure your hair is dry before you head outside – wet hair can freeze up and break off!
- Deep condition – c’mon, you know you need to do it! Ask your Sizzor Shak stylist about our deep conditioning treatments.
- Use a leave in conditioner with your hot tools.
- Pay attention to your diet – what you eat nourishes your body, including your hair. Eat right, drink lots of water … it’ll make a difference!
Stop on into Sizzor Shak on Main Street in downtown Collinsville (across from Ashmann’s pharmacy) & one of our receptionists or stylists will show you exactly what products you’ll need to keep your hair healthy & moisturized this winter!